Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee
Information and details for submission to Senate Inquiry:
GO HERE FOR GUIDANCE FOR WITNESSES
GO HERE FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO MAKE A SUBMISSION
GO HERE FOR EXPLANANTION REGARDING PROTECTION OF WITNESSES and CONFIDENTIALITY
GO HERE FOR SOME BACKGROUND INFO AND SUGGESTIONS FROM SaveTheMaryRiver
GO HERE FOR VENUE DETAILS, TIMES, "KNIT FOR MARY" SCARF UNRAVELLING AT BRISBANE VENUE, BUS TRIP FROM MARY TO BRISBANE FOR VIEWING OF SENATE HEARINGS.
About the Inquiry
On 26 February 2007, the Senate referred the following matter to the Rural and Regional Services and Transport Committee for inquiry: the examination of all reasonable options, including increased dam capacity, for additional water supplies for South East Queensland, including:
(a) the merits of all options, including the Queensland Government's proposed Traveston Crossing Dam as well as raising the Borumba Dam: and
(b) the social, environmental, economic and engineering impacts of the various proposals Written submissions are invited and should be addressed to:
Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport
Canberra ACT 2600
The Committee prefers to receive submissions electronically as an attached document -
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 4 April 2007.
- Submissions become Committee documents and are made public only after a decision by the Committee.
- Persons making submissions must not release them without the approval of the Committee.
- Submissions are covered by parliamentary privilege but the unauthorised release of them is not.
- Following consideration of submissions, the Committee will hold public hearings.
- The Committee will consider all submissions and may invite individuals and organisations to give evidence at the public hearings.
Inquiries from hearing and speech impaired people should be directed to the Parliament House TTY number (02) 6277 7799. Adobe also provides tools for the blind and visually impaired to access PDF documents. These tools are available at:
http://access.adobe.com/. If you require any special arrangements in order to enable you to participate in a committee inquiry, please contact the committee secretary.
For further information, contact:
Committee Secretary Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee
Department of the Senate
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600 Australia
Phone: +61 2 6277 3511 Fax: +61 2 6277 5811 Email: email@example.com